Salmon cutlet with spicy vegetables and parsley rice
Salmon is a healthy and delicious fish, perfect for a hearty dinner. In this dish, pan-fried salmon is served with delicious parsley rice and spicy mushrooms and baby spinach.
- 1 Salmon cutlet
- ⅓ tsp Coriander powder
- ½ Onion (diced)
- 1 cup Button Mushrooms (sliced)
- 1 cup Baby spinach
- 1 Red chili pepper (sliced)
- 2 tbsp Olive oil
- ⅓ cup Rice
- ⅓ cup Parsley (freshly chopped)
- 1.5 cup Water
- Place the rice and water in a pot on the stove set to high heat and bring to a boil. Stir occasionally so the rice does not stick to the bottom of the pot.
- Place the olive, chilli, onions and mushrooms in a pan on the stove set to medium-high heat. Let the vegetables sauté slowly stirring them occasionally.
- When the mushrooms start to brown, push all the contents of the pan to one side of the pan. Now season both sides of the salmon cutlet and place in the same pan with the vegetables.
- After 3 minutes, flip the cutlet over and place the spinach on top of the mushrooms.
- After 3 minutes remove the fish and place it on your dinner plate. Now season the vegetables to taste, remove from the heat and place them on the dinner plate with the salmon. By now, the rice should also be cooked, drain the water from the pot, season with salt and stir through the parsley. Now serve up and enjoy.