Mushroom and Chillies Pasta
Pasta is the perfect food for nights in and definitely one of my favourite dishes. I cooked this pasts dish for myself one night in Albufeira when all I wanted to do was stay in, cook something simple yet delicious and feel all warm and happy inside. Using a few simple fresh ingredients but packed with flavour
- 1 cup Farfalle pasta
- 2 cup Mushrooms (sliced)
- ½ Brown onion (diced)
- 3 Garlic cloves (finely diced)
- 2 Red chillies (finely diced)
- ½ cup Parsley (finely diced)
- ½ cup Coriander (finely diced)
- 1 tbsp Butter
- 2 tbsp Olive oil
- Place a small pot filled with water on the stove and set it on high heat. Add 2-3 tbsp of salt to the water. Place the olive oil, onions, garlic and chillies in a medium-sized saucepan set to medium heat and let that slowly saute. Stir every now and then to make sure nothing sticks to the pan.
- Once the onions and garlic are soft and translucent, placed the sliced mushrooms into the pan. As soon as the mushrooms begin to soften, the water in the pot should be at a rolling boil. Place the pasta into the pot and stir for 2-3 minutes to ensure the dry pasta doesn’t stick to each other.
- After about 5min, the water in the pot with pasta should be milky from the starch. Take 3 ladles of the water and place into the pan over the mushrooms with the butter. Turn the heat to full and stir until the butter is completely dissolved and you create a creamy textured sauce. Once you are happy with the texture, turn the heat down to medium once again.
- When the pasta is nearly done (al dente), remove the pot from the stove, drain the water and place the pasta into the pan with the mushrooms. Place the freshly chopped herbs into the pan, season with salt and pepper to taste and toss until the pasta is well coated with the sauce.
- Serve hot into a beautiful pasta bowl, pour yourself a delicious glass of white wine and enjoy.